The State Liberals have moved to establish a Select Committee in the Upper House to look into causes of the state-wide black that occurred on 28 September.
“The state-wide blackout that plunged South Australian into unprecedented chaos deserves a thorough investigation by State Parliament,” said Shadow Minister for Energy Dan van Holst Pellekaan.
“This Select Committee will investigate what happened and what can be done to prevent this from happening again.
The Select Committee’s Terms of Reference:
Inquire into the state-wide electricity blackout of Wednesday, 28 September 2016, and subsequent power outages with particular reference to:
- Causes of the blackout;
- Delays in recovering electricity supply to all parts of the state;
- Credible warnings of the potential for such an event;
- Costs to households, businesses and the South Australian economy as whole due to the blackout;
- Lessons learnt from the blackout;
- Any other relevant matters.